CONCORD, N.C. – The 2012 WKA Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 27 in conjunction with Daytona KartWeek. It will be located at or near the Daytona International Speedway. The exact time and place will be announced by Pit Board and website post shortly. The objective of holding the meeting during Daytona KartWeek is to give as many members as possible the opportunity to attend.
The meeting agenda will include:
- A presentation by WKA President Rick Dresang on the state of the Association
- A discussion of proposals for reorganizing WKA to make it more efficient and effective and to better respond to membership requirements
- A Question and Answer session with the WKA Officers and Trustees present
The meeting will also provide an opportunity for members to cast their vote for two proposed Code of Regulations changes. In summary these two Code of Regulations proposals will:
- Allow WKA Master Members to nominate and vote for Trustees and to vote on Code of Regulations amendments by electronic ballot as well as mail. The objective of this change is to provide more voting options for our Master Members and increase participation.
- Allow WKA Trustees to approve meeting minutes and vote on motions by electronic ballot. The objective is to take advantage of the latest information technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
All Master Members in good standing as of December 1, 2012 will also receive ballots in the mail later this week. They can return the ballot to Russell & Byrd LLC, 4884 Highbee Ave. N.W., Canton, OH 44718 to arrive by December 24, 2012, or they can cast their ballot at the meeting in Dayton Beach. Results of the vote will be announced by Pit Board and website post the first week of January.