45th year at Daytona Kartweek and a long-awaited return to Mid-Ohio top the highlights
After tireless planning by WKA Officials and the Road Racing Competition Committee, WKA is pleased to announce its 2020 Schedule for the Vega Tires National Road Racing Series, for points in WKA National Classes. A bit of a break from the norm, WKA racers will enjoy bringing back a couple old track friends, coupled with the traditional regulars, and a few surprises along the way.
Topping the 2020 campaign is the return to Daytona International Speedway for WKA’s 45th visit to the facility for Kartweek, December 28-30, 2019. After that, WKA makes its regular stop at Roebling Road with the Southern Kart Club, March 6-8. A change to the date brings the series to the second annual WKA Charlotte Motor Speedway Karting Challenge, also serving as the WKA Grand National for 2020, where the entire Roval has been reserved for Road Racers, April 17-19. May brings a second return to the Gateway Motorsports Park with host CES, May 8-10, as well as an affiliation with long-time partner Woodbridge Kart Club, with a stop at Summit Motorsports Park, May 29-31. Mid-Summer brings a long-awaited favorite to the calendar, where WKA will return to Mid-Ohio, June 19-21, thanks to an agreement with the DART Kart Club and AKRA. A trip up north is slated on the schedule with a visit to Grattan Raceway with CES, July 10-12. KART hosts the August round at Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka, August 14-16. After a well-deserved late-summer break, WKA will once again join hosts DART and AKRA in a new-for-WKA event, for the final round at Pitt Raceway Park, September 25-27.
“We are so thankful of all the clubs and tracks that have stepped up to help Road Racers this year.” Stated WKA President Kevin Williams, “A true coming-together of karting organizations will benefit the racers directly, and we could not be prouder to work with so many great organizations that truly want to help the racers, and to bring such a great schedule to the karting public.”
- 45th Daytona Kartweek, December 28-30, 2019, WKA Rules
- Roebling Road, with SCK, March 6-8, WKA Rules
- WKA Charlotte Motor Speedway Karting Challenge ROVAL, April 17-19, WKA Rules
- 2020 WKA Road Race Grand National
- Gateway Motorsports Park, with CES, May 8-10, CES/AKRA Rules
- Summit Motorsports Park, with Woodbridge Kart Club, May 29-31, WKA Rules
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, with DART and AKRA, June 19-21, AKRA Rules
- Grattan Raceway, with CES, July 10-12, CES Rules
- Heartland Park, Topeka, with KART, August 14-16, KART WKA Rules
- Pittsburgh International Race Complex, again with DART and AKRA, September 25-27, AKRA Rules
National Championships in 2020 will be decided with a minimum participation of 6 finishes for classes with one final per event, and 12 finishes for classes with F1 and F2 per event. WKA National Classes offered at all events on the schedule.
Keep watching WKA Pit Board announcements and news posts on worldkarting.com for additional information and details regarding the WKA 2020 Vega Tires National Road Racing Schedule.